Italian Brick Oven Recipes
Brick Oven Roasted Garlic Chicken
*4 lb chicken
*1 onion, quartered
*2 carrots, chopped
*2 stalks celery, chopped
*3 garlic cloves
*1 cup water
*4 TBS cooking olive oil
*Salt, Pepper, garlic powder, celery salt
1. Place the onion, celery, carrots & garlic in the bottom of a steel, iron, aluminum or terra cotta pan. Cover with water (this will keep the vegetables from burning)
2. Sprinkle the Chicken cavity with garlic powder & celery salt. Place the herbs inside the cavity, and set the chicken on the bed of vegetables. Rub the chicken with olive oil, season with salt & pepper.
3. Add lemon wedges into the cavity of the chicken &
add the garlic quarters in cuts of the skin of the chicken.
4. Bake for 1 hour, with a small fire on the side. If your oven is too hot, cover the chicken with foil to keep the skin from burning. Remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes.
5. If you would like, use the pan drippings to make gravy. Remove the fat, then add 3 TBS flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes. Strain out the vegetables and serve.